What’s on this page?
Personal Information collected by Biconnected includes your name and contact details (including phone numbers and email addresses) and relevant information about your health. BioConnected is not able to allow you to use the App on an anomymous basis as this would prevent BioConnected providing to you the services available through the App.
By registering as a user of the App, you consent to the collection and use of the information, including Personal Information you provide, in the manner we describe in this policy.
How we use your Personal Information
BioConnected will use your Personal Information that it collects, to:
- verify your identity when you register;
- provide services to you through the App including the ability to share information with third parties selected by you;
- facilitate and process other transactions that take place on the App;
- respond to support requests;
- help facilitate the resolution of any disputes;
- update you with operational news and information about the App including web App disruptions or security updates;
- provide you with information that you request from us;
- provide you with marketing information about products and services which we think may interest you;
- carry out technical analysis to determine how to improve the App;
- monitor activity on the App, including to identify potential fraudulent activity and to ensure compliance with the terms and conditions that apply to the App;
- manage our legal and operational affairs; and/or
- provide general administrative and performance functions and activities.
In addition, we will disclose your Personal Information to third parties as follows:
- where it is reasonably necessary in order to enable us to make the App available to you;
- when we are required to do so by law;
- when you request or give us permission to do so – which may include:
- other providers of health and fitness related software applications to enable data about you collected through the App to be transferred to those applications; and
- to your personal trainer or coach to assist them to provide their services to you.
We will not otherwise disclose your Personal Information to any other person.
When do we collect personal information?
We collect personal information when you provide it to us during the registration process and at other times as you use the App or contact us. We also collect personal information from other third party service providers to us.
If you choose not to provide personal information at the time you are seeking to register as a user of the App, you will not be able to complete the registration process to access and use the App.
Will this policy be updated?
We may need to change this policy from time to time to make sure it stays up to date with the latest legal requirements and any changes to our management of Personal Information. When we do amend the policy, the changes will be effective straightaway.
We will take reasonable steps to let you know about any changes made to this policy. We also suggest that you revisit this policy from time to time to see whether changes have been made.
If you continue to use the App after the changes are made, then you will be agreeing to the changes.
How do we store your personal information?
We store your information in cloud based servers with customary security procedures to prevent unauthorised access.
Your Personal Information even if collected by us in Australia may be transferred to and stored in a country that is not Australia (on a temporary or permanent basis).
By registering as a user of and accessing the App, you agree:
- to and authorise us giving your personal information, in accordance with this policy, to a third party who is not in Australia or a third party who may transfer and store outside Australia your personal information (Overseas Recipient);
- that, while we will take reasonable steps to ensure that an Overseas Recipient does not breach the APPs, Overseas Recipients are not bound by the APPs and subclause 8.1 of the APPs does not apply to the disclosure of your personal information to an Overseas Recipient*; and
- that, if an Overseas Recipient handles your information in breach of the APPs, you will not be able to seek redress under the Act.
*Subclause 8.1 of the APPs requires us to ensure that Overseas Recipients comply with the APPs unless, in accordance with subclause 8.2, you agree otherwise. For more information, please check the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) webApp.
How can you access your personal information?
You can access some of the information that we collect about you by logging in to your account on our App. You also have the right to make a request to access other information we hold about you and to request corrections of any errors in that information. To make an access or correction request, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What happens if the ownership of our business changes?
Do we collect information from children?
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 16. All Personal Information provided to us regarding our Clients is provided by you, if you are under the age of 16 is provided by or with permission of their parent or legal guardian.
How can you contact us?
We will treat your queries and complaints confidentially.
Our representative will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your query or complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved.
We will aim to ensure that your query or complaint is resolved in a timely and appropriate manner.
You may contact us by:
- email to: email@example.com
- writing to us at:
1 Herb Elliot Avenue
Sydney Olympic Park
- phone us on 02 8091 7576
If you have a complaint about our compliance with the Act and we have not resolved your complaint within 30 days’ after you first notified us of your complaint, you can refer your complaint to OAIC by visiting their App http://www.oaic.gov.au/.